- Public and private organisations can sing or play the national anthem, on any appropriate occasion. Singaporeans are encouraged to sing the anthem on occasions of national celebration or national significance.
- Either the instrumental or vocal versions may be played. Besides the versions produced by MICA, other rearranged versions may also be used, provided that the tune and lyrics of the anthem are complete and performed with dignity.
- Dignity and decorum should be observed whenever it is played or sung. Everyone must stand up as a mark of respect.
How the National Anthem cannot be used
- It must not be incorporated into any other composition or medley.
- It must only be sung following the original lyrics, not any translation of those lyrics.
For enquiries on use of the national anthem, please contact:
Education and Outreach Division
National Heritage Board
Fax: 6332 3525
« Back to National Anthem page